Sunday, November 10

Android Error Solution / Solved : Unable to detect adb version, exit value 0xc0000135

I have Windows 10 license but I prefer using Windows 8.1 on my development laptop. Recently I refreshed my Windows 8.1 and reinstalled Android Studio 3.5.2 and I started getting the following error as soon as I open the Android Studio 

The error basically happens because I have a fresh Windows 8.1 with all required updates but Windows requires  'Windows Universal C Runtime' which gets installed as part of Widows update and because of reinstall of Windows the update is missing. As mentioned in error text 'Android Studio' recommended solution is to download the C run-time package from Microsoft support website (URL is in the image below) or else you can download the 3 ADB specific files from internet and add them to your platform-tools folder on your Windows machine.

Android Studio Error : Unable to detect adb version, exit value 0xc0000135





 


Solution:

  1. Before you begin implementing changes backup the  platform-tools folder on your machine
  2. Add the platform-tools directory path into the system path environment variable.
  3. Replace the following 3 files in your platform_tools directory in the path
    (C:\Users\{YourAccount}\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools) As you might know the (Your Account) has to be replaced with your Windows Machine name. If you machine name is DataScience, YourAccount should be replaced by DataScience in the path. 
  4. And this is image of the 3 files that I downloaded and replaced in my platform-tools folder
  5. Restart Android Studio and the error should be fixed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Generative AI and Generative AI Platform leaders

We are hearing a lot about power of Generative AI. Generative AI is a vertical of AI that  holds the power to #Create content, artwork, code...