Friday, March 17

WIDI : Get your Netgear PUSH2TV PTV1000 work with Windows 8

When WIDI was new I had bought PTV1000 which is an excellent WIDI adapter, But with advances in WIFI drivers and Windows OS the device is no longer compatible with Windows 8 onwards which is rather unfortunate. Technology should not make workable devices absolute because of compatibility issues.

Anyway I finally found the way to get PTV1000 working with Windows 8. All you need to do is uninstall your PROset Wireless driver and install Intel Wireless_15.3.1_Ds64.exe. PTV100 only works with Wireless_15.3.1_Ds64.exe wireless driver and this older driver does not affect the performance of your WIFI.

Hope this helps other who want to continue to use their old & robust Push2TV device. Why am I still on Windows 8 is another matter. As a developer I find Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 of not much use to me and they only slow down my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Generative AI and Generative AI Platform leaders

We are hearing a lot about power of Generative AI. Generative AI is a vertical of AI that  holds the power to #Create content, artwork, code...